Wednesday, June 11, 2008




What a funky week we've had! Last Friday there were tornado sirens going off in the city. I guess a funnel cloud touched down about 7 miles away. I was seriously ready to be in my basement. The girls were still in school and all buckled down on the first floor. I was so happy when it was over. Then the rain came. We had some major downpours here. There has been flooding all over. Luckily, we have not had any water damage to our house. As I drove a few blocks away today I saw lots of garbage at the curb for about 8 houses in a row. I am assuming that was from water damage in the basement. Many people had sewer water coming up from their drains. We've had many flash floods also. I went out to the park near my house to get some pictures on Sunday. The river was very high and only a couple inches from the bottom of the bridge. This is the same bridge we go under to take pictures in the summer. All of a sudden it started pouring and I could see more and more water building up on the sidewalks. I was scared I would be caught in a flash flood and hurried out of there. One of the pictures has the street in the front. That is to show the perspective of the water. This is a soccer field and the water was just about to the street. Actually, the day before it had crossed the street. The neighbors still had water in their yard and were riding with a canoe to get around.

No comments: